The Mitsubishi Outlander is an oft-forgotten five or seven-seat SUV that rivals cars like the Skoda Kodiaq and Nissan X-Trail. Now in its third generation, the Outlander has become more popular in recent years thanks to a tax-beating plug-in hybrid version.
From urban streets to the far reaches of off-road adventures, conditions can be impossible to predict. Be ready to engage whatever comes. In any weather, electronically controlled 4WD enables you to take full advantage of the OUTLANDER’s substantial engine power. And advanced safety technology forms comprehensive frontline, side and backline defense that makes rough conditions a pleasure to conquer.
Consumers are rapidly shifting away from traditional, four-door sedans and into these high-riding, roomy, SUV-like vehicles. In the case of the Outlander, the capability is real, not just part of its looks. Powerful and dynamic looks boldly proclaim incomparable refinement, robustness and road performance. From assertive face to attractive tail, the OUTLANDER expresses the promise of unparalleled SUV driving pleasure.
REFRESHING SILENCE AND QUALITY
Outlander is easy to drive and the PHEV is smooth – but it lacks the composure of the class best.
The Mitsubishi Outlander has decent enough road manners, but it’s not as refined as the best SUVs. There’s still a lot of wind noise on the motorway, and the diesel’s noisy idle never really smoothes out to a quieter hum, although it is overshadowed by tyre noise on the motorway. Everything is much quieter and smoother with the Outlander PHEV hybrid – although even that gets noisy when you demand full power.
Driving the OUTLANDER is a pleasurable experience heightened by quick, responsive handling and high-quality craftsmanship. The ride is also extremely quiet thanks to comprehensive NVH reduction measures that lower engine, road and wind noise. From generous cabin space and comfortable seating to quality materials and refined amenities, every detail contributes to your traveling joy.
LIBERATING SPACE AND COMFORT
The Mitsubishi Outlander is bigger than the previous model, with a 240mm-longer boot and a maximum 1,022 litres of space – 33 litres more than the previous car. In diesel guise, it comes with seven seats in all bar the fleet-targeted GX2 trim, a feature that’s usually a cost option in rivals if it’s offered at all.
The OUTLANDER surrounds you and your passengers with comfort. Even the longest journeys are refreshing thanks to generous cabin space, comfortable seating that accommodates up to sevenoccupants and premium quality materials including genuine leather. The rear seating can be flexibly arranged to meet changing needs.
The OUTLANDER delivers the high performance you demand of a rugged SUV, including powerful acceleration and responsive road handling. Wherever you travel, you’ll enjoy next-generation SUV advantages while also minimizing environmental impact through high fuel efficiency and low CO2 emissions.
Power the OUTLANDER with your choice of three clean and efficient engines – the 2.0-liter MIVEC*, 2.4-liter MIVEC or 3.0-liter V6 MIVEC. The 2.0 and 2.4-liter engines are extremely responsive and fuel efficient, while the high-displacement V6 engine supplies supremely powerful acceleration even when carrying heavy loads or traveling up mountainsides.
The engine is mated with an advanced CVT that automatically adjusts in response to changing road and vehicle conditions to deliver smooth, swift acceleration whenever you demand it, as well as outstanding fuel efficiency beyond what conventional automatic transmissions provide. Fully pressing the pedal now generates powerful response with the automatic transmission’s step-up shift like exhilaration and reduced engine noise. For manual-like driving pleasure, you can also take advantage of the 6-speed Sports Mode and paddle shifters.
ABS WITH EBD – ACTIVE STABILITY CONTROL (ASC)- PADDLE SHIFT -CRUISE CONTROL
SAFETY REASSURING – ALL AROUND SAFETY
Safety is taken care of with seven airbags, a reversing camera and reverse parking sensors, along with Hill Start Assist, but it does miss out on AEB at this trim level. Advanced safety technology supports safer, more confident driving — on the road and in parking lots, day and night. From intelligent sensors that track your surroundings and warn you of danger to active driving assistance and solid passive protection, the OUTLANDER delivers all around high levels of safety.
FORWARD COLLISION MITIGATION SYSTEM (FCM) – ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM (ACC) – BLIND SPOT WARNING (BSW) – AUTOMATIC HIGH-BEAM
SAFETY ADVANCES SUPPORT CONFINDENT PARKING – REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT (RCTA) – MULTI AROUND MONITOR – ULTRASONIC MISACCELERATION MITIGATION SYSTEM (UMS)
SOLID SAFETY MEASURES – RISE BODY -HILL START ASSIST (HSA) – 7 SRS AIRBAGS – AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
- 215/70R16 + 16” with full wheel covers
- Front skid plate (silver)
- Rear skid plate (silver)
- Outer door handles (black)
- Power windows (front and rear doors, driver auto up and down)
- Color-keyed door mirrors and side turn lamps, electronically controlled with defoggers and folding function
- Door garnish (material color, silver)
- Wheel arch garnish
- Driver’s and front passenger’s SRS front airbags
- Front 3-point ELR seatbelt with force-limiter and pretensioner (single pretensioner)
- Electric power steering
- Tilt and telescopic-adjustable steering column
- ISO-FIX child restraint seat anchor x 2
- Keyless entry with 2 transmitters
- Combination meter cluster & multi-information display (mono-color liquid crystal display)
- Accessory socket in floor console box
- Gear shift indicator panel (material black)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioning system
- AM/FM radio, CD/MP3 player and 6 speakers and USB port (inside console box, single port type)
- Shark fin antenna
- Halogen headlamps with manual leveling
LED rear combination lamps
Key features (in addition to GLX features)
- 225/55R18 + 18” alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Outer door handles (color-keyed)
- Active Stability Control (ASC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Brake Assist
- Leather steering wheel (with glossy black paint & chrome accent) and shift knob with silver stitches
- Paddle shift on steering wheel
- Audio switch
- Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Auto Hold
- Inner door handles (chrome)
- High-contrast combination meter cluster & multi-information display (color liquid crystal display)
- Gear shift indicator panel (glossy black)
- Tonneau cover
- Luggage floor box
- Front fog lamps (reflector type)